Customer Service Agent
Forestry Mutual Insurance Company, based in Raleigh, NC, has provided loss control services and workers’ compensation insurance coverage to the forestry products industry since 1971. The company started as the North Carolina Forestry Association Self Insurance Fund to provide loggers with a stable source of workers’ compensation coverage. In 1999, the company converted to a mutual insurer, the North Carolina Forestry Association Mutual Insurance Company. In 2000, the company’s present name was adopted. Forestry Mutual is a “niche” market carrier, offering coverage for businesses that grow, harvest or manufacture wood products.
Forestry Mutual is a mono-line workers’ compensation insurer currently offering coverage in the states of Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Business is distributed through a network of 60+ independent agencies, as well as Forestry Mutual’s own, in house agency (FMICIA) which consists of five full-time producers and 7 CSR’s.
FMIC Agency is a 23-million-dollar agency continuing to grow and looking for qualified customer service agent with accounting experience. We provide a dynamic workplace, provide competitive total compensation packages, and great benefits, included but not limited to paid medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous time off policy, company provided life and disability insurance, a 401k company match and incentive plans.
FMICA Insurance Agency is looking for a commercial lines customer service agent. A customer service agent is a position with customer service experience in the insurance field. This person will be responsible with working directly with in house agents and brokers to renew and bind insurance business. Employee will benefit from fully paid health insurance, dental insurance, and life insurance. We are looking for a highly motivated person with room for advancement as an account manager.
- Work with agent to obtain information and obtain quotes
- Work with brokers to obtain quotes for renewals and new business.
- Check MVR’s for carrier qualifications
- Process new and renewal business changes
- Policy checking
- Prepare insurance proposals, comparisons
- Invoice premiums and assist with accounts receivable
- Maintain renewal process and meet deadlines
- Maintain daily client processing functions such as endorsements, policies, audits, pending cancellations, auto ID cards
- Issue certificates of insurance
- Process renewals for market
- Process endorsements
- Assist with accounting duties
- Property/Casualty Insurance license a plus
- Customer service experience
- Accounting experience
- Microsoft Outlook proficient
- AMS 360 knowledge a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work a regular, full-time schedule in a team environment
Send your resume to email@example.com to apply.