Insurance Service of Asheville, Inc. (ISA) is Asheville’s largest, locally-owned independent insurance agency. Since 1958, we have built a business on the superior treatment of our customers and employees. We believe strongly that our growth and continued success will be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded by doing the right thing the right way.
Our plans are to fill the position of Personal Lines Account Manager immediately in support of a 4-5 year plan of significant agency growth. This path with will reveal professional growth opportunities for employees as we have a long history of promoting from within our operation. We offer a compensation program designed to reward individual efforts and team performance.
The Personal Lines Account Manager position is responsible for fulfilling ISA’s service objectives by providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to policyholders, agents, and business partners concerning policy changes, customer inquiries, and requests for information. Using a variety of technological tools the Personal Lines Account Manager will quote new business, handle all aspects of policy renewals, and respond to inquiries concerning policy information including: coverage, premium billings / payment status, and claims.
An integral part of this job is to retain and purposely grow what has been a very stable book of business via cross selling opportunities. This position represents the face of ISA’s customer service efforts and is critical in demonstrating our commitment to customer satisfaction and maintaining a high rate of retention.
1. Build rapport with each customer by actively listening to customer requests, inquiries, and responding to all inbound customer calls and written correspondences in a timely manner
2. Rating policies (with a comparative rater when possible) and delivering results as efficiently as possible
3. Retain policyholders who inquire about canceling through open listening, negotiation, and policy review
4. Policy administration such as addressing billing questions, endorsement requests, policy checking, binders, certificate issuance and determination of proper company assignment at renewal
5. Manage and utilize time effectives to ensure the personal lines department meets required service levels for customer satisfaction results and overall sales goals
1. REQUIRED: Minimum of 5 years account manager / CSR / industry experience focused on insurance products, plans, and programs
2. PREFFERRED: Experience in an independent agency environment, proficiency in Applied TAM, and with comparative rating software
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Interpersonal and creative problem solving skills
5. Must hold a valid NC P&C license
6. Ability to review, record, and organize data from a variety of sources with attention to detail and with a high degree of accuracy
7. High energy level & ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience + commission
- Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
- Life, Medical, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits (employee paid) available including Supplemental Life, Vision, Dental, Accident, Cancer, and Critical Illness
Please send updated resume to Anthony Mitchell: firstname.lastname@example.org