Education & Training
Whether you are just entering (or considering entering) the industry or you have been in the industry for several years, there is always a need for more education and training. IIANC can help through the wide variety of conferences, continuing education courses, professional designation programs and training for new employees. Our members receive discounted pricing on these programs as well.
IIANC hosts several conferences throughout the year which feature highly recognized speakers on a variety of topics including sales, industry updates, technical/coverage issues, marketing, agency management and more. Thanks to IIANC Presidential PARTNER Jackson Sumner & Associates, you can view videos of these sessions on demand at the links below.
Young Agents Development Conference
A variety of CE and technical/coverage courses are offered in both the classroom setting around NC and online.
View IIANC's Course Calendar
Professional Designation Programs
If you're ready to take your education to the next level and show a commitment to your profession and your clients, then you may want to consider pursuing a professional designation. IIANC offers the Accredited Adviser in Insurance (AAI), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) and Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) designations.
Our newest designation offering, the Trusted Risk Advisor (TRA) is the first of its kind in the country and is a symbol of professional excellence in consultative, diagnostic sales and mastery of risk knowledge.
New Employee Training
Start your career off right with pre-licensing and training in insurance essentials, coverages, business skills and more. Investing in the proper education and training from the beginning can put you on the path to greater long-term success.
- Available for P&C, L&H and Medicare Supplement Certification
- Accelerate your insurance knowledge with over 60 modules available on-demand for topics including CL and PL coverages, business communication and negotiation skills, and client management essentials. The Emerging Leader's Series is designed for new supervisors or managers.
CSR Boot Camp
- Training program designed to bring CSRs up to speed quickly and effectively through 24/7 interactive online training and traditional books/course guides. Completion of the program puts CSRs closer to earning the AINS designation.
Sales/Marketing/Customer Experience Training
Through your agency's IIANC membership, iLEAD agents have access to several resources to help provide education and training in the areas of sales, digital marketing, technology, etc. to help you better attract new business and provide an exceptional customer experience.
Agency Nation University
- If you want to dive into digital marketing but aren't sure where to start, then check out Agency Nation University
, on-demand learning powered by TrustedChoice.com, which offers workshops, online community and coaching.
The Power of 30 Seconds
- A free online training tool designed to help Trusted Choice agents convert inbound sales calls into clients. The program coaches you on creating and managing an inbound sales process for your agency by establishing an effective call workflow, provide a positive customer experience, and manage phone system automation.
- This nine part series is designed to help independent agents understand, design and execute a successful advertising campaign. Learn about advertising goals, market research, budgeting, strategy, media, advertising agencies, ad content and measurement.