Attention Veterans! Are you ready to begin a NEW career? We can help!To show our support for the men and women of the armed forces who have served our country, IIANC is proud to offer a Veterans Licensing Scholarship Program. This provides all honorably discharged U.S. Veterans residing in North Carolina the opportunity to begin a rewarding career in the insurance industry by pursuing the education and training needed to receive a North Carolina Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance License - at no cost. Funding for the scholarship program is provided by the IIANC Education Foundation.*
*Valid for IIANC classroom only; candidates with previous insurance experience or insurance licenses do not qualify. Excludes adjuster licensing.
Why Choose a Career in Insurance?
The insurance industry is one of the best kept secrets in employment. It is a business that stimulates the economy, encourages business growth, backs investments, and has a real impact on individual communities - big and small. Obtaining an insurance license opens the door to many areas of the insurance business from sales or service to technology or marketing.
- P&C Pre-Licensing Course - Set in a 40 hour classroom setting, this course prepares students to take the North Carolina State Exam for P&C licenses. Textbook and exam simulator are included. (Value: $550)
- State Licensing Exam and Application Fees - The fee to take the P&C state licensing exam and application fees will be reimbursed upon receipt of proof of passing the exam. (Value: $250)
- Career Center - Access to IIANC’s online career center, the Career Clipboard, to search for available jobs with IIANC member agencies and post your resume for free.
Pre-Licensing Course InformationThe P&C pre-licensing program is a week long, 8 hour per day course, which prepares students for the North Carolina State P&C licensing exam. Students are required to attend all five days of classes in order to sit for the exam. P&C Pre-Licensing courses are offered each month at the IIANC office in Cary, NC.
The Veterans Licensing Scholarship Program will cover class tuition and study materials (including textbook and exam simulator). After completion of the course, veterans must pay for the state exam fee but will be reimbursed for a passing grade. Veterans are also responsible for payment of the initial license application fee but can be reimbursed for that as well.
Registration Requirements & Process
Interested veterans should register with IIANC at least three weeks prior to the start of the preferred pre-licensing course. Please note, that participation in the program is open only to U.S. veterans who have received a honorable discharge from the military.
To begin the registration process, complete and submit this registration form. IIANC will then connect you with a local IIANC member agency that serves as an official Verification Location for this program in order to complete the second part of the registration process. You will be required to bring the following documents to the assigned Verification Location:
- Current Photo Identification (required at in-person appointment)
- DD Form 214
- Proof of North Carolina Residency (driver's license, recent utility bill, etc.)
- Current Resume
Once your registration has been approved, IIANC will register you for the requested Pre-Licensing Course and send you an official confirmation via email.